This SFA Legacy Initiatives is formed exclusively for charitable, health, social responsibility, and educational purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the “Code”), or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue law. The SFA Legacy Initiatives is organized, and at all times hereafter operated, exclusively for the benefit of, to perform the functions of, and to carry out the purposes of the Special Forces Association Legacy Initiatives, Inc., (SFALI).
SPECIAL FORCES ASSOCIATION LEGACY INITIATIVES, Inc.
The Special Forces Association Legacy Initiatives, Inc. (SFALI) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to raise funds, develop resources, and conduct activities in support of the Special Forces Association (SFA) and the broader Special Forces Community.
SFA Legacy Initiatives, a North Carolina not-for-profit within the meaning of section 509(a)(3)(A) of the Code, including more specifically, the following primary purposes:
- To organize, conduct, carry on, and promote youth and child development programs for the purpose of enriching the lives of young people in the community;
- To organize, conduct, carry on, and promote health and wellness programs for the purpose of enriching the lives of retired and active duty Special Operations community;
- To facilitate the planning and acquisition of funds to conduct and manage, operate, and administer a historical museum that preserves and exhibits historical documents and artifacts to educate the public on the history, military engagements, and influence of the Special Forces from its inception to current deployments;
- To engage with national, state and locally recognized agencies that seek to prepare active duty and retired Special Forces and other veterans as well as the general public in the event of a catastrophe;
- To conduct educational and health programs for the benefit of the Special Operations community to expand the appreciation, understanding, and history of Special Operation Forces (SOF);
- To promote and facilitate social responsibility throughout the entire Special Operations community;
- Such other purposes as may be determined from time to time to be in the furtherance of the exempt purposes of the Special Forces Association Legacy Initiatives, Inc. hereinabove.